Answers to Your Questions about the Hawaii Tiki Bowl
How does the Hawaii Tiki Bowl select athletes for invitations?
Our recruiting staff seeks out athletes that we feel have the potential to play college football. A large percentage of the athletes that are selected for invitations will play football at the collegiate level. We work directly with college coaches and the #1 National Recruiting Service to invite athletes who can compete in the Hawaii Tiki Bowl Senior All-Star game.
Can parents and/or other relatives go?
Absolutely. The cost for parents and family members is the same as the cost for the athlete, which includes: round trip airfare, hotel (based on double occupancy for parents and family members), transportation, admission to the games, luau dinner & show, and all team activities. The only thing you won’t get to do is play in the game (a little humor).
Approximately 40-50% of our travel group each year is made up of parents and family members of the athlete. Family members are invited and encouraged to travel to the Hawaii Tiki Bowl as a “Traveling Companion”
The benefits of traveling to the Hawaii Tiki Bowl as an “Traveling Companion”:
- Sign up the same time as your son and we will guarantee you will be in the same flights to and from Hawaii. If you sign up separately there is a good chance that you will not be on the same flights.
- Double Room Occupancy for traveling companions - 2 persons per room. Athletes stay with their teammates - 4 per room and will share a bed with a teammate (if an athlete wants his own bed, he can pay an additional $385 for the single bedding upgrade).
- Hawaiian Lei Greeting
- You will have tickets to the team Luau Dinner & Show.
- You will travel with the team on the Charter Bus to all sightseeing events and game day.
- Transportation will be provided to all Hawaii Tiki Bowl sponsored events.
- You will be included in all private functions and group activities.
- You will receive a Hawaii Tiki Bowl - Game Day Pass (valued at $50.00).
- You will receive a trip T-shirt, ID Badge, and Luggage Tags.
What is the grade level for this event?
This event is open to current Juniors who will graduate in the Class of 2021. This is an invitation only event. If you are interested in receiving an invitation, please call our office at 918-869-0047 and we will be glad to talk with you about our selection process.
Are there scholarships or fundraising assistance available?
The Hawaii Tiki Bowl cannot give any type of scholarships or financial assitance due to our close working relationships with college coaches. However, most of our athletes do some type of fundraising on their own to help offset the cost of participation. We have a couple of fundraising opportunities that many athletes have used to raise the entire amount needed to attend this event. Click here to view our fundraising page.
Is there a payment plan or do I pay the full amount up front?
When you sign-up, a $300 non-refundable deposit is required to reserve your spot on the team. This initial deposit applies directly towards the total cost of your trip. After your initial deposit, you can either pay the full amount up front or make monthly payments. If you do not pay in full at registration, you must make the required monthly payment on May 1, June 1, July 1 and August 1 in order for your enrollment to remain active. Final payment on each account is due August 1, 2020.
Should I Buy Travel Insurance?
Yes, we encourage all athletes and family travelers to purchase travel insurance. There is a lot of time between now and our event on December 30. Life happens...we suggest you buy travel insurance to cover the cost of your trip. Click Here to shop for travel insurance for anyone who is traveling with the Hawaii Tiki Bowl.